Energy Assistance funds are meant to help:
- Make home heating more affordable
- Help maintain a warm and safe home
This program was designed to help eligible households ease the financial impact of a portion of heating costs. Funding is limited, which means not all qualified households will receive assistance.
There are different programs to serve you, depending on your Energy Assistance needs.
Energy Assistance was designed to help eligible households ease the financial impact of a portion of heating costs. Households are eligible for this program once per heating season (October 1 – September 30) or while funding is available.
Why was my energy assistance grant lower this year?
What will you need to bring to your appointment?
- Proof of address
- Verification of all household income prior to the month of your appointment for all persons in the home, this includes earned income, child support, SSI, SSA, SSD, TANF, retirement, unemployment, self-employment, etc.
- A current heating bill
- Proof of Social Security Number *IF AVAILABLE* NOT required for all program types
- Other documentation may also be requested
Key Facts –
- Energy assistance services are for Spokane County residents only
- Energy assistance grants are dependent on available funding
- Please continue to work with your heating company to keep current on payments